It’s now 6 pm in California. We’ve passed the halfway mark, lasagna is in the oven for dinner, and I’m loving Mieville. I’ve also just put the finishing touches on my mini-challenge post, which will go live in hour 22!
Total books read: 3
Nothing new since last update! Still chipping away at Mieville.
Books in progress: 1
- Embassytown, by China Mieville (page 124 of 345)
Total pages read: 730
Total time spent reading: 11 hours, 32 minutes
Mid-event survey from 24hourreadathon.com
1. What are you reading right now?
Embassytown. It’s my first encounter with Mieville, and he’s living up to all the glowing reviews I’ve heard.
2. How many books have you read so far?
3. What book are you most looking forward to for the second half of the Read-a-thon?
After I finish Mieville, I think I’ll do another volume from A Bride’s Story. And after that, it’s on to the adventures of Locke Lamora, which I mentioned in my pre-event survey!
4. Have you had many interruptions? How did you deal with those?
Very few, unless you count taking an hour off to finish up the mini-challenge preparations. I did a lot of work in advance for this readathon, and have nothing else on my calendar to distract me!
5. What surprises you most about the Read-a-thon, so far?
Truthfully, I’ve not found much to be surprising! I think this has been my most enjoyable readathon to date.