It’s 5 am here on the West Coast. I’ve just gotten out of bed, chowed down on a couple snacks, and picked up my first two books of the morning. Let’s do this!
Before I officially begin, here’s the opening survey hosted by the main site, Dewey’s Readathon.
1) What fine part of the world are you reading from today?
Northern California. I live in Chico, which is about an hour north of the capital. Fun fact: our city park is the second largest in the United States!
2) Which book in your stack are you most looking forward to?
I’m not sure this time around! Probably The Republic of Thieves. It’s the third book in the Gentleman Bastard series, and I just recently finished book two.
3) Which snack are you most looking forward to?
I already broke into my snacks this morning! I’m eating these things called “Duet Bites,” which are half madeleine and half brownie. Amazing.
4) Tell us a little something about yourself!
In addition to all the time in my life I spend reading (preferred pasttime) and editing (job), I’m a musician! I play five instruments, and sang in a choir all through childhood. Music and books were the two first great loves of my life.
5) If you participated in the last read-a-thon, what’s one thing you’ll do different today? If this is your first read-a-thon, what are you most looking forward to?
The main difference this time around is that I’m actively planning for a break. I’ve never managed to make it the full 24 hours without falling asleep, so this year, instead of giving myself a hard time after the fact, I’m giving myself permission in advance. Plus, I have to be sharp for hour 22, when I’ll be hosting a mini-challenge on the blog!